← Return to the main page
Abstract This is a collection of mathematical jokes in various languages. Understanding the jokes
is left as an excercise to the reader.
Q: Wie schwer ist eine Orthonormalbasis?
A: Ein Gramm-Schmidt!
Terra X – der kosmische Code. Diesen Witz muss
ich nicht weiter erklären.
Q: What is closed under multiplication, abelian under addition, distributive and does not boot?
A: A Poetter-Ring!
Remark: it can be shown that a Poetter-Ring can also be desribed as a Ring that is silent, no matter how it is configured.
Q: Wieso kann man Vibratoren nicht kontinuierlich regeln?
A: Weil sie diskret sein sollen!
I propose the ultimate Earth theory, which will appease everyone: Klein-Bottle-Earth!
It has numerous advantages:
- Since earth is a manifold, it is locally flat, thus appeasing flat earthers
- It is somewhat rounded, thus appeasing the spherical-earth conspiracists
- It is both hollow and non-hollow at the same time, thus appeasing both
the hollow-earth theorists and the non-hollow earth theorists
- The klein bottle shape adequately explains why no one has fallen off
- If earth's surface really has to be a 2-dimensional manifold, it really should be
These are some links to some good math jokes